Cuckooing and Mate crime
The purpose of the training is to provide professionals and volunteers working with adults a basic awareness of mate crimes/ cuckooing.
The session will be compliant with SET Safeguarding Adults procedures, all relevant legislation and the Care Act 2014.
What you will learn:
- Understand what mate crimes/cuckooing are
- Examine the types of crimes that are perpetrated
- Identify the signs and symptoms of this type of abuse
- Identify individuals/groups who may be at risk and the reasons why
- Identify the type of actions that can be taken to safeguard individuals
- Understand your responsibility and appropriate reporting procedures
Currently waiting for 2019 dates.
Thurrock Council, Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL.
Thurrock Council staff can book using the internal employee self-service system.
If you are not employed by Thurrock Council and would like to join one of the courses, contact our training team: