Worried about an adult?

Don’t wait until you know for sure, you can contact us even if you just have a feeling.

If you are concerned about an adult – you’ve heard something, seen something or just have a feeling… give us a call on 01375 511 000 or email safeguardingadults@thurrock.gov.uk

Please don’t be afraid to ask for advice and support.

If you are a professional, paid worker or volunteer complete the SETSAF and send it to safeguardingadults@thurrock.gov.uk or call 01375 511000

Report it

If you think you or someone you know is being abused, or neglected you should report it. There are times where you might be uneasy about the behaviour and actions of other people, you may be unsure what it is about the situation that raises your suspicions. That is OK, we are here to provide advice and support.

Reporting is the first step that can help you or someone else escape an abusive situation or to get advice to manage the risk.

Report your concern online

Get advice

If you are worried about an adult, need advice about your role as a carer of an adult or just need some advice, call us on 01375 511 000.

When you call Thurrock First the call handler will ask you a few questions to find out which service you need to be transferred to.

Call Thurrock First: 01375 511 000

Email: safeguardingadults@thurrock.gov.uk

If you think the adult is in immediate danger – dial 999 and ask for the police.

Action against Elder Abuse helpline: 080 8808 8141

Be aware

Reporting concerns can be difficult and distressing for all involved, or you may doubt your own ability to recognise the signs. However, it is very important to make your concerns known as soon as possible so that the right people can look into it and make the adult safe.

Be informed – you can find out more about the types of abuse and what to look out for (the signs and symptoms) in the Preventing Abuse section of our website.

If you are unsure, contact us for advice and support.

If the adult is in immediate danger call the police immediately on 999

Children witnessing Domestic Abuse is child abuse – if you are concerned about a child report it now, call 01375 652 802.

Outside of office hours call: 01375 372 468


SET Guidelines

For advice and support you can also visit:


Action against Elder Abuse

Age UK


Changing Pathways

Inclusion Thurrock



National Stalking Helpline on 0808 802 0300 run by Suzy Lamplugh Trust

Paladin, the National Stalking Advisory Service on 020 3866 4107


Thurrock Centre for Independent Living

Thurrock Lifestyle Solutions

Women’s Aid