Mid and South Essex Healthcare Partnership
Dementia Intensive Out of Hours Support Team
Telephone Contact EPUT : 07814169247 Time: 20:00 – 08:00 7 days a week
- Advice, Assessment & Onsite Support (where appropriate)
- Onward referral to Dementia Crisis and Community Teams for follow up
Qualified nursing staff with dementia specialist knowledge, are able to offer advice to care home staff and other health & Social care professionals to addresses urgent concerns about patients with or suspected to have dementia, when other specialist services are not available.
If clinically indicated the OOH team will visit to offer assessment, support and advice.
- Offer specialist advice to avoid admission or unnecessary use of other emergency services
- Facilitate the use of existing resources.
- Offer professional advice (such as medication) to other suitably qualified professionals
- Support/advise on dealing with challenging behaviours in dementia
- Support coping strategies to prevent crisis situations
- Sign-post to and refer to other services for follow-up.