Leave this site

Worried about an adult?

Middle aged woman barefoot sitting on the couch, hugging her head, at home. The concept of sadness and loneliness.If you are concerned about an adult – you’ve heard something, seen something or just have a feeling… give us a call on 01375 511000 or email Thurrock.First@thurrock.gov.uk.

Please don’t be afraid to ask for advice and support.

If you are a professional, paid worker or volunteer complete the SETSAF

SETSAF v2 Jan24 – accessible word version

SETSAF v2 Jan24 – accessible screen reader version

Easy Read SETSAF

and send it toThurrock.First@thurrock.gov.uk or call 01375 511000.

Report it or get advice

If you think you or someone you know is being abused, or neglected you should report it. There are times where you might be uneasy about the behaviour and actions of other people, you may be unsure what it is about the situation that raises your suspicions. That is OK, we are here to provide advice and support. Reporting is the first step. 

When you call Thurrock First the call handler will ask you a few questions to find out which service you need to be transferred to.

Call Thurrock First: 01375 511000.

Email: Thurrock.First@thurrock.gov.uk.

If you think the adult is in immediate danger – dial 999 and ask for the police.

Be aware

Reporting concerns can be difficult and distressing for all involved, or you may doubt your own ability to recognise the signs. However, it is very important to make your concerns known as soon as possible so that the right people can look into it and make the adult safe.

Be informed – you can find out more about the types of abuse and what to look out for (the signs and symptoms) in the Preventing Abuse section of our website.

SET Guidelines 2023

Worried about an adult? 01375 511000

Get in touch

Our Resources