Leave this site

Complaints and feedback

hand writing inscription FEEDBACKThurrock Safeguarding Adults Board welcomes feedback, both good and bad. If you have a complaint, feedback or suggestion about the way the board works we would like to hear from you.

Write to: Complaints, Thurrock Council, Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL.

Call: 0800 021 3016.

Email: complaints@thurrock.gov.uk.

Stage 1

By law, we must resolve complaints about adult social care within 6 months.  Our policy, however, is to resolve complaints about adult social care within 20 working days for most complaints, and within 3 months for complex complaints.  Upon receiving your complaint, we will appoint an investigating officer to look into your concerns and send you a full response.

After stage 1

If you are not satisfied with the stage 1 response, you can refer your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.  You should include the following things in your complaint:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Contact details
  • Why are you not satisfied
  • What outcome you would like

Please note: We will not disclose any information outside of Thurrock Council and Thurrock Safeguarding Adults Board without your permission, unless we are legally obliged to do so. However, if we are informed of anything where an individual is at risk we will share this with the appropriate organisation.

For further information about the complaints process https://www.thurrock.gov.uk/how-to-complain/adult-social-care-complaints.

Healthwatch Thurrock for help and advice about health and social care http://www.healthwatchthurrock.org/content/speak-out.

Worried about an adult? 01375 511000

Get in touch

Our Resources