The Care Act Statutory Guidance says adult safeguarding is:
Safeguarding means protecting an adult’s right to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect. It is about people and organisations working together to prevent and stop both the risks and experience of abuse or neglect, while at the same time making sure that the adult’s wellbeing is promoted including, where appropriate, having regard to their views, wishes, feelings and beliefs in deciding on any action.
The Board has three core duties:
• To publish a Strategic Plan that sets out what the board has achieved and what it aims to achieve for the next year;
• To publish an Annual Report detailing what the SAB has done during the year to achieve its main objective and implement its strategic plan, and include learning from any Safeguarding Adult Reviews
• Carry out Safeguarding Adult Reviews
The Board’s priorities:
1. To have published a Communication Strategy and two related local actions plans for Communication and Awareness Raising with particular emphasis on providers, carers, families and individuals and communities at risk.
2. To produce a strategy and associated action plan for the prevention of harm and abuse to adults at risk.
3. To work with Southend, Essex and Thurrock partners to consider and publish good practice in dealing with domestic abuse in relation to older adults and in care settings.
4. To conduct a review of the level of sexual exploitation of adults in Thurrock and made recommendations for further action if appropriate.
5. To review and make recommendations for change, if appropriate, regarding the safeguarding gaps for at risk young people in transition to adulthood.
For more information about the board’s objectives you can read the Strategic Plan 2017/20.
Annual Report 2018/19
Annual Report 2017/18
Annual Report 2016/17
Annual Report 2015/16
Annual Report 2014/15
Strategic Plan 2017/20
Policies and procedures
The Safeguarding Adults Board members
The Safeguarding Adults Board structure
Thurrock Safeguarding Adults Board Constitution
Thurrock Safeguarding Adults Board Terms Of Reference
Thurrock Safeguarding Adults Board Leadership Executive Group Terms Of Reference
By working together, we can continuously improve the safeguarding procedures in Thurrock and ensure that all organisations meet the expectations set out in the Care Act 2014.