The Care Act Statutory Guidance says adult safeguarding is:
Safeguarding means protecting an adult’s right to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect. It is about people and organisations working together to prevent and stop both the risks and experience of abuse or neglect, while at the same time making sure that the adult’s wellbeing is promoted including, where appropriate, having regard to their views, wishes, feelings and beliefs in deciding on any action.
The Board has three core duties:
• To publish a Strategic Plan that sets out what the board has achieved and what it aims to achieve for the next year
• To publish an Annual Report detailing what the SAB has done during the year to achieve its main objective and implement its strategic plan, and include learning from any Safeguarding Adult Reviews
• Carry out Safeguarding Adult Reviews.
The Board’s priorities:
1. Thurrock SAB will seek assurance that safeguarding services are delivered in line with Making Safeguarding Personal Principles and Mental Capacity Act 2005.
2. Thurrock SAB will continue to develop approaches to raising awareness of safeguarding adults
3. Thurrock SAB will seek assurance that services are learning and improving in their safeguarding practice and risks are managed collaboratively.
4. Thurrock SAB will protect people who need help and support.
5. Thurrock SAB will improve multi-agency partnership and aligning its work with other partnerships.
6. Thurrock SAB will provide strategic leadership to enable effective safeguarding arrangements to be in place across the partnership.
For more information about the board’s objectives you can read the Strategic Plan 2023/26.
By working together, we can continuously improve the safeguarding procedures in Thurrock and ensure that all organisations meet the expectations set out in the Care Act 2014.
Annual Report 2022/23 Easy Read
Annual Report 2022/23
Annual Report 2021/22 Easy Read
Annual Report 2021/22
Annual Report 2020/21 Easy Read
Annual Report 2020/21
Annual Report 2019/20
Annual Report 2018/19
Annual Report 2017/18
Annual Report 2016/17
Annual Report 2015/16
Annual Report 2014/15
If you would like these documents in another language, Braille etc. Please contact TSAB@Thurrock.gov.uk and this can be arranged.
The Safeguarding Adults Board members
Thurrock Safeguarding Adults Board Constitution
Thurrock Safeguarding Adults Board Leadership Executive Group Terms Of Reference
Thurrock Safeguarding Adults Board Operational Group Terms Of Reference
Thurrock Safeguarding Adults Board SAR Group Terms Of Reference
Thurrock Safeguarding Adults Board Transition Task and Finish Group Terms Of Reference
If you would like these documents in another language, Braille etc. Please contact TSAB@Thurrock.gov.uk and this can be arranged. ￼