Working with the complexity under the MCA
Thurrock Safeguarding Adults Board are delighted to announce three new dates of the above training. This training is for anyone wanting an in-depth session looking at some of the complexities of the MCA. Thurrock Council staff and contractors are suitable for this training.
There is an expectation that participants will have completed MCA basic awareness training in advance of this one.
The learning Outcomes from this training are:
- Understand the complex issues of consent and how to proceed in an accountable, safe, and appropriate manner if meaningful consent cannot be obtained.
- Formulate an accurate question for the basis of the MCA Assessment and be able to decide if there is more than one question/assessment required.
- Confidently assess the responses given by customers to inform a decision on whether they have capacity for that decision, including assessing fluctuating capacity.
- Decide who is the most appropriate decision-maker for each decision to be made and ensure the response is proportionate to the decision.
- Understand the importance of recording all information appropriately and in line with the code of practice and Act.
To book onto this training, click on the below link for the date you require.
18th October 2022 – 09:30 till 16:30 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/374235246697
31st January 2023 – 09:30 till 16:30 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/374260582477
28th February 2023 – 09:30 till 16:00 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/374265788047
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TRAINING IS ONLY OPEN TO COLLEAGUES WHO WORK OR PROVIDE A SERVICE WITHIN THURROCK
All sessions will be delivered via Teams and training details will be sent to the work email address you provide at the time of registration. Due to the interaction elements of the training, we request that video and microphones are switched on during training. You will be sent some material to read and think about in advance of the online workshop.
Please note that whilst this training is free, failure to attend without 10 days notice will result in a £70 non-attendance fee.